Now that the Redmi Note 11 are already on sale, the time has come to compare their different variants. Xiaomi has launched four different models of this mobile, but for this comparison we will only face the two best: the standard Redmi Note 11 and the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G. We have both here with us, so we’ve been able to thoroughly test them to tell you how they differ and which one is more worthwhile.
It will be a somewhat unfair comparison because they are two smartphones that compete in completely different price ranges. The Redmi Note 11 is an entry-level mid-range with 4G priced at around €150, while the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G costs twice as much and has premium mid-range features. From now on we tell you that the Pro 5G model is a better phone, but the standard version holds up surprisingly well for what it’s worth.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 or Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G? In-depth comparison
- 1 Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 or Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G? In-depth comparison
- 2 What mobile do I buy between the Redmi Note 11 and the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G?
The Redmi Note 11 (right) is more compact than the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G (left)
We start by talking about how they are alike. As you can notice in the pictures, in design they are practically identical. Both feature a hole-punch selfie camera in the top center of their screens, use flat iPhone-like edges, have the same camera module, and have anti-fingerprint back covers.
Yes indeed, the overall finish of the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G looks and feels more premiumas expected, despite being slightly larger and heavier (by 23 grams) than its standard sibling.
They are also evenly matched on battery, WiFi and software (comes with MIUI 13 based on Android 11). But in everything else they are different. See for yourself with the following comparison table.
Redmi Note 11
Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G
|Dimensions and weight||159.8 x 73.8 x 8mm. 179 grams.||164.2 x 76.1 x 8.1mm. 202 grams.|
|Screen||6.43″ FullHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) with AMOLED panel, refresh rate of 90Hzmaximum brightness of 1000 nits, 405 ppi and Gorilla Glass 3 protection.||6.67″ FullHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) with AMOLED panel, refresh rate of 120Hzmaximum brightness of 1200 nits, 395 ppi and Gorilla Glass 5 protection.|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 with Adreno 610 graphics.||Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 with Adreno 619 graphics.|
|RAM||4 or 6GB LPDDR4X.||6 or 8GB LPDDR4X.|
|Storage||64 or 128GB UFS 2.2, expandable up to 1TB with microSD.||64 or 128GB UFS 2.2, expandable up to 1TB with microSD.|
50 MP main with f/1.8 and PDAF.
8 MP ultra wide angle with f/2.2 and a viewing angle of 118º.
2MP Macro with f/2.4.
2MP portrait with f/2.4.
108 MP main with f/1.9 and Dual Pixel AF.
8 MP ultra wide angle with f/2.2 and a viewing angle of 118º.
2MP Macro with f/2.4.
|Frontal camera||13MP with f/2.4.||16MP with f/2.4.|
|connectivity||dual band Wi-Fi 5, Dual SIM 4G, Bluetooth 5.0NFC, GPS + GLONASS + GALILEO + BDS, infrared port, optical fingerprint reader, stereo speakers, 3.5 mm jack and USB-C.||dual band Wi-Fi 5, Dual SIM 5G, Bluetooth 5.1NFC, GPS + GLONASS + GALILEO + BDS, infrared port, optical fingerprint reader, stereo speakers, 3.5 mm jack and USB-C.|
|Battery||5000mAh with fast charging 33W.||5000mAh with fast charging 67W.|
|OS||Android 11 based on MIUI 13.|
|Price||From €158.||From €291.|
The Redmi Note 11 has a better performance / price ratio
To cost twice as much as the standard version, the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G does not offer significantly better performance. Yes, its Snapdragon 695 processor is more powerful and capable than the Snapdragon 680 of the Redmi Note 11, but in its price range there are phones on the market with much better processors.
Beyond that, the two mobiles have an exceptional performance in daily use, being the Pro 5G variant better for play with a medium-high quality. Also, this model is the only one with 5G of all the Redmi Note 11, so keep that in mind if you want the latest in connectivity. Take a look at all the differences in performance:
- The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G processor is more powerful: In AnTuTu it beats the Redmi Note 11 SoC by 61%.
- The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G offers better Bluetooth and better mobile connectivity: It uses 5G and Bluetooth 5.1, while the standard version only supports 4G and Bluetooth 5.0. The Bluetooth thing is not that important (it’s just an improvement for location services), but the mobile connectivity thing is. The Pro 5G model can download over 5G at a speed of up to 800 Mbps. In contrast, the standard variant has a maximum download speed of 390 Mbps.
- The Redmi Note 11 is less fluid with games: In PUBG Mobile, for example, it only allows you to play at 30 FPS, while with the Pro 5G you can play at 40 FPS without problems.
- More RAM for the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G: With more RAM, mobiles can work faster and more efficiently. Well, if you are looking for the Redmi Note 11 with more RAM, you will have to opt for the Pro 5G version with 8 GB of RAM. And it is that the standard Redmi Note 11 in its best variant has “barely” 6 GB of RAM.
In favor of the Redmi Note 11, it must be said that, despite costing half of what its Pro 5G brother is worth, its processor is also manufactured in 6 nm (meaning no difference in power efficiency or clock frequency is made) and has an equally fast memory speed (because it uses the same RAM and storage technology). In addition, it has dual speakers that sound practically the same as those of the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G.
A duel of fluidity between AMOLED screens
The Redmi Note 11 and Note 11 Pro 5G use AMOLED panels with Full HD+ resolution that look spectacular. At first glance, they have nothing different (except the size), but once you watch moving content on both, you may find that the Pro 5G model’s display is twice as smooth and even more colorful. Here is a list with all the differences in this section:
- The screen of the Redmi Note 11 is more compact: Measures 6.43 inches vs. 6.67 inches for the Pro 5G variant.
- The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G reaches a refresh rate of 120 Hz: The standard variant stays at 90 Hz. However, you will only notice this difference in the main interface, since there are not many games and applications that work at 120 Hz.
- 200 nits more brightness for the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5GNote: Both screens look great in bright sunlight, but the Pro 5G model’s is a bit brighter.
- Higher pixel density for the Redmi Note 11: Having the same resolution, but a smaller screen, it is understandable that the Redmi Note 11 has about 10 pixels per inch more. However, this difference is not very noticeable on a day-to-day basis.
- The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G panel is better protected: Well, it has Gorilla Glass 5 that offers more resistance to falls than the Gorilla Glass 3 that mounts the standard model.
In short, the screen of the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G is better, but not by a huge difference. Unless you are interested in playing games with 120 Hz support, you will not lose much with the Redmi Note 11.
Good cameras for both, but the one on the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G is better
Camera comparison: Redmi Note 11 vs Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G
Here we leave you some comparative photos taken with the Redmi Note 11 and Note 11 Pro 5G. Although in these particular photos it is not so noticeable, believe us that the more expensive model takes better photos and records better generally. However, keep in mind that neither of them record in 4K. See below how the cameras of these mobiles are different:
- Double the megapixels for the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G: Its main sensor is 108 MP compared to 50 MP of the standard model.
- The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G camera offers more details and better night mode: Both phones take photos with the pixel binning technique, which consists of grouping pixels to achieve results with more details and light. Now, it is clear that the 108 MP pool gives better results than the 50 MP pool.
- More sensors for the Redmi Note 11: It has a main sensor plus three secondary sensors (8 MP ultra wide angle + 2 MP macro + 2 MP depth). The Pro 5G variant features the same secondary sensors, except for the depth sensor. However, the function of that sensor can be performed by its main sensor.
- You will take better selfies with the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G: Uses a 16 MP front camera which is higher quality than the 13 MP in the standard version.
More autonomy with the Redmi Note 11, more fast charging with the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G
These two smartphones come with a large 5000 mAh battery, but with a different charger and fast charging support. The differences in this section are as follows:
- The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G charges faster: From 0 to 100% in just 42 minutes thanks to 67W fast charging. The standard Redmi Note 11 with its 33W charge fully fills its battery in about 1 hour.
- The Redmi Note 11 battery lasts a little longer: The good thing about having a smaller screen with a lower refresh rate is the longer battery life. The Redmi Note 11 guarantees you an autonomy of 13 hours, while the Pro 5G model stays 1 hour below that figure.
Neither of them support wireless charging.by the way.
What mobile do I buy between the Redmi Note 11 and the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G?
Putting everything on the scale, the Redmi Note 11 seems to us a better option in terms of quality / price. It is perfect for those looking for a simple and cheap mobile, but at the same time with an AMOLED screen that looks spectacular and with a comfortable and light design. And it is that practically He does not lack anything: It has NFC, headphone jack, FM radio, 33W fast charge, etc.
On the other hand, if you don’t have a budget problem and you are looking for something more powerful and with a better camerayours is the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G.
Why choose the Redmi Note 11?
Why choose the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G?
Whichever you have chosen, rest assured that you have chosen a great smartphone. You can get either of the two on sale using the following buttons: