There is only one person in the world who is capable of torturing a €1000 cell phone until it is completely damaged and that is Zack Nelson from the channel JerryRigEverything. Luckily, his follies allow us check for sure how tough and durable a smartphone really is beyond what the manufacturer says. On this occasion, the youtuber has subjected the Xiaomi 12 Pro to its harsh durability and stress tests… How was it?
From now on, we warn you that Xiaomi’s latest flagship is more resistant than the OnePlus 10 Pro, which in these same tests broke into two parts during bending test. If you are interested in knowing how resistant the Xiaomi 12 Pro proved to be, read on to find out.
Xiaomi 12 Pro resistance test: passed ✅
Unlike the OnePlus 10 Pro, the Xiaomi 12 Pro came out in one piece from the durability test by JerryRigEverything. Here is a summary of the test results:
- scratches on the screen: they appeared at level 6 on the Mohs scale, although it was at level 7 that the scratches began to become very visible. Recall that the front of this mobile is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass Victus. By the way, the fingerprint reader was not affected by the scratches.
- Scratches on the side and buttons: The edges of the Xiaomi 12 Pro are made of aluminum, and it shows, since Zack Nelson could not do much damage to them with his blade. The physical buttons also proved to be very sturdy.
- Scratches on the back cover: this part is made with a satin texture that acts like sandpaper for the youtuber’s blade. Besides, the camera module is made of metal and the sensors are protected by glass, so it was impossible to cause noticeable damage to the Xiaomi 12 Pro in its rear.
- heat test: In this test, Nelson puts the mobile screen in direct contact with the flame of a lighter. After 30 seconds of fire, the result was not the desired one; the pixels of the Xiaomi 12 Pro started to fail and stopped working.
- bending test: In this test, the youtuber takes the mobile and bends it in half with sudden force. Surprisingly, the Xiaomi 12 Pro passed this test successfully: although some sounds were heard inside it, it did not break and remained functional.
In short, the Xiaomi 12 Pro it is a strong and durable device which is not so easily damaged. I wish we could say the same for the OnePlus 10 Pro, so if you have this phone, don’t fold it or sit on it.