No Android customization layer has generated as many expectations this year as MIUI 13. After a long wait and many leaks, we can finally meet it officially. MIUI 13 has been presented today December 28, 2021next to the Xiaomi 12, Do you want to know everything new that it brings?
All the news of MIUI 13
The changes and novelties of MIUI 13 range from the aesthetic to the functional. Xiaomi has not left anything out and as with each update, promise greater stability and performance. But that’s not all, with MIUI 13 we welcome an entire ecosystem of smart devices built on MIUI.
- Starting with the simplest changes, Xiaomi has included new wallpapers (animated and static). These funds are the product of collaboration with Beauty Science and capture the formation of crystals of organic compounds such as vitamin C.
- MIUI 13 launches its own typographic font, which they have baptized as Mi Sans. This font is cleaner and more compact, in addition to adapting better to the dimensions of the screen, both for mobile phones and tablets.
- Widgets become the main protagonists on the home screen, a bit in the style of iOS. In MIUI 13 you will have a large number of customizable widgets and you can also add styles to personalize your home screen to the fullest.
- Security in MIUI 13 will be more aggressive, automatically blocking applications suspected of having malware. And in the case of messages or emails that intend to scam (which are never lacking), MIUI has a recognition system capable of preventing you.
- You will have a customizable virtual assistant, very much in the style of what we have already seen with Samsung. Although it is not clear if this assistant will be available only for the Chinese version.
- Of course, Xiaomi promises that MIUI 13 will have up to 52% greater fluidity in the transition of applications, including third-party applications. We will also see that the management of applications in the background will be more extensive, without significantly affecting energy consumption. Of course, all this on paper and real tests would still have to be done to confirm it.
As we mentioned at the beginning, With MIUI 13 the Xiaomi layer ceased to be exclusive to mobiles and now we will also find it on tablets, smart TVs and other Xiaomi devices, with the intention of creating a well-integrated ecosystem.
Mobiles that will update to MIUI 13
The first mobile to have MIUI 13 will be the brand’s new flagshipthe Xiaomi 12. However, other mobiles are added to the models that will begin to update shortly:
- Xiaomi 12 Pro.
- Xiaomi 12X.
- Xiaomi 12.
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra.
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro.
- Xiaomi Mi 11T.
- Xiaomi Mi 11.
- Xiaomi Mi 11i.
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G.
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite.
These teams will update to MIUI 13 in its stable version and for the Chinese ROM at the end of January 2022. They will also update the variants of the Mi Pad 5, with the version of MIUI 13 for tablets. Apparently, Xiaomi will take the time to bring the stable version of MIUI 13 to most of its devices. Which we should be thankful for, if this prevents malfunctions when updating.
If you are interested to know if your mobile will update to MIUI 13, we recently shared a tentative list of phones that will officially receive this update, according to leaks. For now, we would like to know your opinion, Are you one of the lucky ones who will receive MIUI 13 soon? Tell us in the comments.