Because many of us use desktop computers and most of us don’t have a webcam.
So what if you want to make a video call or stream with a facecam? You don’t have to worry if you have an Android smartphone. On the internet, there are many apps available that turn your Android camera into a webcam.
However, not all applications available on Google PlayStore can function properly. There are some apps that are only designed to show you ads. So, in this article, CoretanTekno has decided to share some of the best methods that will help you to use your Android phone camera as a webcam for Windows PC.
How to Use Android Phone Camera as Webcam for PC
To use Android as a webcam for PC, we need to use several applications and a desktop client. The application installed on the Android phone will stream the recording and for desktop clients will act as the receiver. Here are the requirements to use Android phone camera as a webcam for Windows 10 PC.
Requirements/Materials you must download:
- IP Webcam Android App
- IP Webcam Application (Desktop Client)
- Chrome or Firefox browsers.Â
Steps to Use Android Phone as Webcam
- First of all install the downloaded IP Webcam app on your Android phone. And also install IP Webcam adapter on your PC.
- Now open the IP Camera app which is already installed on your phone and you will see many options like username, password, screen resolution and many more which you can adjust according to your choice. Now after doing that just click on “Start Server”.
Note: This app uses the rear camera as its default setting, its purpose is for better quality. But you can also change the camera mode to front camera but it will reduce the quality of your video. But if the front camera of your phone has been good not to be a problem seharusnya.Â
Now when you click on the start server then after that you will see the IP at the bottom of your mobile screen. Now open this IP in your PC’s Chrome or Firefox browser.
To enable webcam viewing, you need to install the downloaded IP camera adapter on your PC. Now in ” Camera feed URL” just enter the IP and port you got from the app you installed on your phone and remember don’t delete / video feed and then click Autodetect.
Well now you’re done. Open any video conferencing app on your PC like Skype, Facebook messenger or Stream on Youtube and you will see the video streaming on PC from your Android phone.
Using Android Camera as Webcam via USB
You can use your Android as a webcam even without WiFi. All you need to do is enable USB debugging mode on your Android phone.
- First of all, you need to enable debugging mode on your Android device (Settings> Applications> Developer options> USB debugging)
- Now you need to download and install DroidCam from Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Now connect your phone to the computer via USB and then let your computer install the required drivers on the PC (you can manually install OEM drivers by clicking on this link)
- Now you need to download and install the Dev47apps client on your Windows PC.
- After installing the client, you will see a screen like below.
Now just select the “USB” icon just behind Wifi in your windows client and then click “Start” “
If all goes well, you will be able to see your Android device’s camera on PC and you can use it as we bcam too. You can even visit Droid47apps linked page to know more about it.
Is this app safe?
Well, both applications listed in this article are safe to use. This app also does not ask for unnecessary permissions. And you can turn any phone into a webcam for PC, and there is no minimum Android Version for that way.Â