All Android smartphones made by Huawei come with locked bootloaders because OEMs want the integrity of their devices to be at its best, providing the most secure Android environment for its users,
Unlocking the bootloader will give you access to your device’s partition, thus allowing you to modify, delete, or even flash it. So once you unlock it, you can perform various actions like overwriting recovery stock with TWRP or even flash the stock firmware by issuing the appropriate command.
Huawei, just like other Android manufacturers (HTC, Sony, Google, Xiaomi, and LG) gives you official instructions to unlock the bootloader of its phones.Â Although the unlock command remains the same, Huawei requires an unlock code device specific lock for the command to work. The instructions below will help you do this for Huawei devices that support bootloader unlocking.
Even though Huawei does offer bootloader unlocking, but if you bear any damage to the device after unlocking, it will not be covered under the official warranty.
Before you go to the steps, it should be noted that your device will factory reset itself during the process and all your data including internal storage will be completely wiped.Â So back up or backup your device first.< /p>
After backing it up, we recommend that you charge your phone enough, so that it doesn’t run out of power during the process. Because if the phone runs out of power while it’s still in the UBL process then bad things like Bootloop will happen to your cellphone,
Since we will be unlocking using Fastboot command, you need to set up ADB and Fastboot properly on your PC. If you don’t understand ADB? You can go here for how to set up ADB, don’t forget to enable USB Debugging.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Device?
The process of unlocking the bootloader on Huawei devices is divided into two parts:
- First, where do you get the device-specific unlock code
- Second, where you use the code to finally unlock the bootloader.Â
Both steps are explained below, so make sure to follow them properly.
Step 1: Get the unlock code
- To get the unlock code, you need to sign in using your Huawei ID.Â So you must already have one or register for a new ID on Huawei during the early stages of the process.
- You will need to record some details before you can request an unlock code. Open the phone app / dialer.Â MasukkanÂ Â * # * # 1357946 # * # * Â Â and record ID produknya.Â Furthermore, bukaÂ Settings & gt; About phoneÂ Â and save IMEI/MEID, model number and serial number.
- Now that you have all the necessary information, visit the official Huawei unlock page(Huawei has officially discontinued the bootloader unlock program) and sign in with your Huawei ID. You will be taken to an unlocking agreement, scroll down to the bottom, accept the terms and press Next.
- Fill out the form with appropriate details including product model, serial number, IMEI and Product ID.Â This is the information you collected during step #2.Â Once logged in, click On CommitÂ .
- Huawei will process the information and if correct, you will be shown an unlock code on the screen.Â Save the code, you will need it to unlock.
- Reboot your Huawei smartphone into bootloader mode.Â < span style="box-sizing: inherit; vertical-align: inherit;">Power off the device completely, wait for 2-4 seconds then press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds.Â < span style="box-sizing: inherit; vertical-align: inherit;">If you are using a Huawei Tablet, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons. Alternatively, you can also use the following command while your phone is connected to a PC.
- When the phone is in bootloader mode, connect it to the PC and open a command-prompt / CMD window. Â Enter the command to ensure that the device is fully detected by fastboot.
- The command should return the device ID.Â Otherwise, make sure that you’ve installed the correct driver.
- Time to unlock the bootloader.Â Type:
Â with the device-specific code you noted earlier . /li>
- When you enter the command, you will have a warning message.Â Select YesÂ and the bootloader unlocking process will begin.
- It will only take a few seconds, and your Huawei device will have an unlocked bootloader.Â To make sure the process is successful, enter the command:Â
- Finally, reboot your device using:
Step 2: Unlocking the bootloader
Again, make sure you have back up all your phone data and have a complete backup of your storage.Â Unlocking or Unlocking Bootloader of your device will erase everything and restore it to settings factory.Â Now that you have everything you need to unlock the bootloader on Huawei, let’s get started.
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot oem unlock 2155388422526005
fastbootÂ getvar unlocked
Well that’s how to Unlock Bootloader or unlock the bootloader on Huawei smartphones and tablets. The process only takes a few minutes. You are now free to modify partitions, install custom recoveries, ROMs, and even take advantage of mods like ViPER4Android and Xposed Framework .
Hopefully useful, Thank you.