If you already have a POCO X3 NFC and are looking for a way to unlock the Poco bootloader, you’re in the right place. In this article, Sigaptech will guide you on how to unlock the Poco X3 NFC mobile bootloader. If you are new to the world of rooting, then the first thing you must understand is how to unlock the bootloader first. Next, change the default recovery to a custom recovery like TWRP which is useful for rooting your cellphone.
Understanding Unlock Bootloader
The bootloader is the first program that runs when you turn on your cellphone. In the world of computing, it can be called the BIOS. Yes, the bootloader is the BIOS of the cellphone. When the cellphone is turned on then the cellphone boots then the program loads the Kernel and Ram. That’s called the Bootloader. Unfortunately, some cellphone manufacturers lock the bootloader.
As far as I know, the manufacturer that has officially distributed the bootloader unlock tool is Xiaomi. That’s why there are so many custom ROMs from this brand.
Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader
- You can install custom ROMs like Lineage OS, Resurrection ROM, Xiaomi.eu, etc.
- You can also root your phone.
- Install TWRP custom recovery.
Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader
- You will no longer be able to receive official OTA updates.
- After unlocking the bootloader it may void your cellphone warranty. But as far as I know by flashing using Miflash and ticking lock bootloader, this doesn’t matter anymore.
- Your phone may be bricked (totally dead), but if you follow the instructions I’m about to make, I don’t think something this terrible will happen.
Requirements Before Unlocking Bootloader
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your computer/laptop.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers. Or Xiaomi Mi PC (If I’m both. But as far as I know only install Xiaomi Mi PC can)
- Download Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool
- Make sure your phone has more than 60% battery
- Backup your cellphone data such as photos, videos and others to external memory or backup to a laptop because the UBL process will format all data on your cellphone..
- Download TWRP OrangeFox Surya
- Download the latest Magisk manager
Steps to Unlock Bootloader Poco X3 Nfc
- Activate Developer Mode by pressing 7x in MIUI Version in Settings menu -> About Phone
- Enable USB Debugging in the menu Settings -> Developer Options and enable USB Debugging
- Bind Mi Account in the Settings menu -> Additional Settings -> Developer Options -> Add Account and device and login your mi account. add account is required to use mobile network not wifi network. If you can’t add a Mi account, logout first in the Mi Account Settings -> Mi Account Select Sign Out. If so, please go back to add account Mi Account in Developer Options
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB cable
- It’s time go to Fastboot Mode by first turning off the cellphone then when you want to turn it on press Volume Down + Power button for about 10 seconds until the Fastboot page appears
- Extrack Miflash unlockwhich was downloaded earlier
- Please run the newly extracted miflash unlock program
- Now Login with the same Mi account as the mi account on the phone.
- Wait until the miunlock application processes your cellphone and it will show “Phone Connected“
- Now please press “Unlock” and select “unlock anyway“
- If there is a message telling you to wait until the specified date, please repeat the above steps according to the specified date. (If yesterday I tried it told me to wait 168 hours or about 7 days)
- After success there will be a message “Unlocked successfully“
- Done. Please reboot your Poco. Later when the cellphone is first turned on there will be an open padlock logo under the front camera.
Actually, the way to unlock the bootloader of xiaomi phones is the same. I’ve written how to unlock the bootloader of all xioami. Read first if the above method still confuses you, in the article there are pictures that will make it easier for you.
How to Install TWRP POCO X3 NFC
Make sure first that you have successfully unlocked the bootloader.
- Extract ADB and FastbootÂ and install the one you downloaded
- Extract the TWRP that you downloaded earlier. Then change the name to recovery.img (to make it easy anyway), Move to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder
- Connect your Poco X3 Nfc with a USB cable (if there is a warning Allow USB Debugging, please press OK)
- Open the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder and right click on Â cmd-here.exe and select Run as Administrator
- After the command appears, please type
- Then type again
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
How to Root POCO X3 NFC
- Enter to TWRP by pressing POWER + Power Up
- Select install and select Magisk.zip.Â
- please reboot and select turn off.
- Then turn on the cellphone. Done
You have successfully installed TWRP and gained root access on the Poco X3 NFC using Magisk. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.
You can also watch it on my channel (help subscribe)