Today, 3 out of 5 people have a private WiFi network at home or at work. Having WiFi connectivity is very important these days, especially during this Corona virus crisis. However. the problem with having a private WiFi is that everyone wants to connect to your network,
You have to tell them the WiFi Password of your home. The process may look easy, but it is time consuming, and can be annoying at times. In addition, especially if you have set a super secure password for your home WiFi, then your friends or anyone who wants to connect to your WiFi network may have to make several attempts to get the correct password.
Steps to Share WiFi Password on AndroidÂ
Android Q or Android 10 allows you easier to share WiFi Details along with network name, password & network settings via QR code. You just need to generate a QR code for your network, and your friends need to scan the code. Once scanned, they will automatically connect to the WiFi network. So you don’t bother to tell the WiFi password or type it on your friend’s phone,
- First of all, go to Menu on your Android smartphone and click on ‘Settings’ .
- In Settings, click ‘Connection’ and then click ‘WiFi’
- Now click on the little gear button located behind the WiFi name.
- This will open a network page. You will find the ‘QR code’ option at the bottom of the screen; click on the image of the QR code.
- A QR code will be displayed on the screen.
Now ask your friends to open the camera and activate the QR Code scanner. Now, position the camera viewfinder over the QR code to connect to: If your friend’s phone doesn’t have a QR Code scanner, ask them to use the Google Lens app.