The Xiaomi Poco M3 was officially launched recently. The phone is still based on Android 10 Q and runs on MIUI 12.
Since smartphone OEMs provide bootloaders that are locked to their devices due to some security issues, to install third-party files, you need to unlock the bootloader.
Then you will be able to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Xiaomi Poco M3 device and also root it. TWRP can also take Nandroid backup, restore, wipe system/data/cache, and more.
Poco M3 specifications
Poco M3 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 chipset coupled with 4GB RAM & 6GB. It offers 64/128GB of internal storage and has a dedicated microSD card slot.
For the price, the Poco M3 is priced at Rp. 1.9 million for the 4GB/64 Ram variant while the Ram6/128GB variant is priced at Rp. 2.3 million.
The phone comes with Android 10 MIUI 12 and will receive the Android 11 update in the coming weeks. The Poco M3 features a 6.53-inch 1080P LCD display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio and a density of 395 PPI.
There is a dual speaker setup and a fingerprint scanner is mounted on the side of the device. In the battery sector, the Poco M3 is powered by a 6,000 mAh battery that supports 18W Fast Charging.
How to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Poco M3 and Root.
TWRP Recovery and Advantages;
Team Win Recovery Project is an open source software custom recovery image for Android based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up current systems whose functionality is often not supported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia.
TWRP Recovery Advantages:
- You can flash custom ROM on Xiaomi Poco M3 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and deploy Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using SuperSU Flashable TWRP Recovery zip
- You can install Magisk on Xiaomi Poco M3
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash image files using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Poco M3
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Poco M3.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clear Wipe, Cache and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Poco M3;
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the requirements mentioned below properly.
This file and guide is only supported for Xiaomi Poco M3 model. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Xiaomi Poco M3 must be UBL already or you can read the Ubl Method here.
- PC / Laptop and USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to backup all device data.
- Charge your device fully.
Download All Required Files:
- No Verity opt Encrypt
- USB & ADB Drivers Xiaomi
- Download this Minimal ADB and Fastboot and install on your PC
- DOWNLOAD TWRP RECOVERY You can also use other versions as you wish.
- Make sure to make a full backup before doing anything. Do it at your own risk.
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tools
After downloading all the necessary files, drivers and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Go to Settings device > System > About Phone > then tap Build Number/MIUI VersionÂ for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now go to Developer options in Settings menu and turn it on to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right-click the mouse to open the command window.
- Turn off your device> Press and hold the Volume Up + Power keys simultaneously for a few seconds to enter Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with PC via USB cable and type the following code in the command window and press enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- .Now, your device is successfully connected as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and press enter to check fastboot device is connected or not:
- Now, to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- Disable Boot Verification -AVB/ Fix bootloop (Optional)
fastboot –disable-verity –disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- For just booting, you can use the command
fastboot boot twrpname.img
That’s it. You have successfully installed TWRP on your Xiaomi Poco M3 device. If you have any questions regarding the process, just comment below.