Unlike Windows XP and Windows 7, the startup sound is disabled by default in Windows 10. This is done to speed up the start-up process and save battery life. However, many users want to turn on the startup sound.
Although startup sound is turned off by default in Windows 10, users can enable it from Sound settings. What’s more interesting is that you can edit system files to set custom startup sound in Windows 10.
How to Enable Windows 10 Startup Sound
Before changing the startup sound, you must enable the Windows 10 startup sound option first. Follow some simple steps given below to enable Windows 10 Startup Sound.
- First of all, right-click on the sound icon in the system tray and select ‘Sounds.’
- select ‘Sounds‘
- This will open the Sound options. Click on the tab ‘Sounds‘ .
- Click on the tab ‘
- Now scroll down and enable the option ‘Play Windows Startup Sound‘
- When finished, click the ‘Apply‘ button then ‘Ok.’
You are now done enabling Windows 10 Startup Sound.
How to Change Windows 10 Startup Sound
After enabling the Startup sound, I suggest you to use WinAero Tweaker to change the Startup Sound. Since changing the Startup sound requires editing system files, it is best to use a third-party program or application.Â
WinAero Tweaker is not only easy to use; it does its job pretty well. Follow some simple steps given below to change Windows 10 startup sound.
- First of all, download & install WinAero Tweaker on your Windows 10 PC. Once installed, open the app.
- From the left pane, select ‘Startup Sound‘ and select the ‘Replace Startup sound‘ option in the right pane.
- Now select the audio file of the sound you want to set. Audio files must be in .WAV format.
- When finished, reboot your computer to check whether the startup sound has changed or not.Â