Windows 10 is the best desktop operating system today. Compared to every other desktop operating system, this Windows 10 has more features and options. Maybe some of you don’t know much, Windows 10 comes with a Maps application that allows you to search for locations, get directions, see points of interest, etc., online or offline .
While this map app requires internet connectivity to show turn-by-turn directions, it can actually be used offline. So, if you don’t have an internet connection because your wifi is off or you’re in a place where there is no internet connection, you can still search for locations, get turn-by-turn directions, etc., with the offline maps feature. Windows 10’s offline maps feature is actually hidden under Settings. This feature lets you download maps to use within the app when you’re not connected to the internet.
Download Offline Maps on Windows 10 PC
- First of all, click the Start button and click the Settings gear icon.
- This will open the Settings app. In the Settings app, click ‘Apps.’
- On the Apps page, click on the ‘Offline Maps’ option from the left side panel.
- Click on the (+) button to download the map for offline use.
- On the next page, select the continent to download the map. For example, here we select ‘Asia’ to download.
- Under Asia, select the region . Here we select ‘Indonesia .’
- Now you need to select the city whose map you want to download. For example, here I select ‘Bandung.’
- Once downloaded, open the Maps app and locate the location you have downloaded. You will be able to view the map without internet connection option.
Now, wait for the map to be downloaded on your system.