Twitch is currently the best platform to watch live. The best streamers in the world are there and there is all kinds of content to watch (gameplay, cooking, music, talks, etc.). But nevertheless, There are many reasons why you might want to delete your Twitch account.: your channel is not doing well and you prefer to start another one from scratch, you got a bad reputation as a user and you want to erase your past, you just need a break, etc.
Whatever your reason, we understand you and we will help you. In the following lines we will explain step by step how to permanently delete a Twitch account and how to deactivate it in case you want to resume it later. First, we will show the procedure for user accounts and then that of partners or affiliates, since the steps to follow are different.
How to delete a Twitch account permanently
If you have a regular Twitch user account that you want to delete forever, you can do so by following these steps:
- Click the following link to go to the Delete Twitch Account section.
- Before, you must be logged in with your account on the platform. Otherwise, nothing will appear.
- Under “Account to delete” your username should be displayed.
- The “Tell us why you want to delete your account” box is optional. You can answer or not the question that Twitch asks you to see where the platform can improve.
- Before taking the final step, you have to know that this is irreversible and deletes everything associated with your account. In fact, after doing so anyone can sign up with your old username. So consider this carefully if you have a brand to protect.
- Are you ready to say goodbye to your account? Press the button Delete account.
The good news is that, even without an account, you can still watch live streams on Twitch from your favorite streamers. Yes indeed, you will not be able to participate in the chat. Also, keep in mind that some streamers do subscriber-only streams or restrict chat so only users who have verified their account with a phone number can comment.
How to deactivate a Twitch account (temporarily)
Do you want to leave Twitch for now and plan to return to it in the future? So what you should do is deactivate your account. That way, Twitch will retain your username and other data, but will keep your profile inactive. What does that mean? Basically, what you won’t be able to chat, follow people, send bits, or do the things you normally would when you use your account. Additionally, Twitch will hide your profile from public view.
To deactivate your Twitch account, do the following:
- Click the following link to go to the Deactivate Twitch Account section.
- Before, you must be logged in with your account on the platform. Otherwise, you won’t see anything.
- In “» The username of the Twitch account you want to deactivate should appear.
- And under “Tell us why you want to deactivate your account” you can optionally explain your reasons why you want to leave Twitch for a while.
- Are you ready? Press the button Deactivate account.
Even deactivating the account, it is possible that Twitch give your username to someone else if it’s been more than 6 months and you don’t come back to the platform. Therefore, before that period is over, repeat this procedure.
in case you want reactivate your Twitch account, just sign in. A welcome message will appear asking if you want to reactivate the account. Tap Reactivate > Continue. If you don’t want to reactivate it, just close the message by tapping the “X” button.
How to delete your Twitch account if you are a partner or affiliate
Now, if you belong to one of the Twitch programs for streamers (Partners and Affiliates), neither of the previous two methods will work for you. And it is that first you have to unsubscribe from these programs. To do this, you must contact Twitch customer service or send an email to the address [email protected] requesting your exit from the partner or affiliate program.
Once you’re out follow either of the two procedures explained above (deletion or account deactivation) to permanently leave Twitch. That’s it!
If you finally decided to stay on Twitch, take a look at these 5 tricks to squeeze Twitch on Android. Although you could also consider moving to Facebook Gaming, the best alternative to Twitch.