The wait was long and tedious, but finally Discord has arrived in the world of PlayStation. Thanks to the latest update received by the platform, it is now possible connect a PlayStation Network account to Discord without too many complications.
How to connect your Discord account with your PS4 or PS5?
Before we show you the steps you have to carry out, it is important to clarify that You must have the latest version of Discord installed on your mobile. You can update it manually from the Google Play Store.
- Open the Discord app from your phone.
- Click on your account (bottom right of the screen).
- Enter the section that says “Connections”.
- Click on “Add” (top right of the screen).
- Select the option that says “PlayStation Network”.
- Sign in with your PSN details (email and password), and then click on “Following”.
- Click on the blue button what does it say “Accept”.
- If you did everything correctly, Discord will tell you that your PlayStation Network account has been connected. When you see that message, you must press on the small “X” that appears at the top left of the screen.
- You will be able to see the link you have made from the “Connections”.
If for some reason you are unable to link your Discord account to your PS4 or PS5, you will need to download the official PlayStation app on your phone and sign in with your PSN account.
What is the use of linking a Discord account with PlayStation Network?
If you think this will allow you use Discord on your PS4 or PS5 console you’re wrong. At the moment, connecting a Discord account with PSN only serves to show other users of this platform which video game you are playing.
It is not yet known when it will be possible download the Discord app from a PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5since the development of the application for these two platforms is still in progress “alpha”.
Similarly, anticipating the official launch of Discord on PS4 and PS5 by linking your account will save you a lot of time when interacting with friends within this “social network” from your PlayStation console.