Xiaomi has been a major player in the smartphone market for several years now, becoming famous in a very short time. This Chinese manufacturer is known for its very affordable quality and price ratio, both from its smartphones in general. But at a very affordable price this Xiaomi smartphone has a number of ads integrated in the MIUI interface and its default applications,
One of the main reasons why Xiaomi is able to deliver a lot of their hardware or smartphones at lower prices compared to its competitors is: Xiaomi is basically a data company, where your personal information is the product. Their hardware (smartphone) in this case, is just a tool to collect your data,
Therefore, compromise has a price. In order to monetize its smartphones without increasing the purchase price, Xiaomi has chosen to expose its users to premature ads in the default interface and apps. However, it is possible to disable these ads even though the number of hurdles you need to go through can be confusing and a little difficult if you don’t understand the process,Â
Here are some ways to disable ads on Xiaomi’s default apps:
1.How To Remove Ads By Turning Off MSA Application
This should be your priority because this method can solve many annoying advertising problems that exist in MIUI. Xiaomi doesn’t want you to turn it off and has tried to make the process a bit frustrating, but with a little patience, you can turn off the MSA (MIUI System Ads) app. All you have to do is make sure your phone is running MIUI and connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network before doing so. Unfortunately, you can’t do this offline,
- Go to Settings , then Security and Password.
- Under Authorization & Revocation, you can search for MSA and slide the radio button to disable it.
- Now, wait 10 seconds, then select Revoke .
You may receive a message saying that it cannot revoke authorization. Keep trying until the system allows it, This process will remove most of the ads. But these are only “system” ads in MIUI interface, other ads may remain in some Xiaomi native apps and should be disabled one by one. Isn’t that great? One good thing is, I’m sure only a small percentage of Xiaomi users will rely on Xiaomi’s native apps like its Web browser and prefer to use Chrome or other Browser Apps,
2.How to Disable Personal Ads Recommendations
Now, Once you have revoked the MSA authorization, you can start disabling the individual “recommendations” that MIUI will send to you. To disable personal ad recommendations, which prevent Xioami from recording your usage habits, and collecting your data, follow the steps below,
- Go to Settings , then Privacy Protection,
- Under Privacy, look for Advertising Services and then Personalized Ad Recommendations,
- Turn off Personalized Ad Recommendations and you will no longer see ads based on your behavioral data or personal information.
3.How to Disable Ads in Settings and BrowserÂ
Disabling ads in Mi Browser and Mi Security apps is relatively simple from now onwards. Go to your Settings menu and follow the steps below,
Disable MIUI Mi Browser ads:
- Open Mi Browser , go to Profile tab on bottom right side.
- In the Profile tab, access settings by selecting “bolt” in the upper right corner.
- In advanced settings, uncheck the “Add ads” option.
Disable ads in MIUI Security app:
- Go to Settings – Under SettingsÂ turn off the Accept recommendationsÂ .
4.How to Disable Ads in Music and Mi Video Apps
To disable ads in the Xiaomi Music and Mi Video apps, the process is mostly the same as above, with only a few tweaks needed for Mi Video,
- Enter the Mi Music app and go to Settings in the upper right corner,
- Then go toÂ Advanced Settings and disable the Receive referrals andÂ Show ads options.
- For Mi Video the process is the same as for Mi Music,
5.How to disable ads in File Manager, Mi folders and downloads.
To disable ads in the File and Folder Manager menu, including downloads, on Xiaomi’s MIUI 12, follow the same procedure as for the Mi Web Browser app,
- Go to Settings, then System App Settings.
- Find File Manager or folders and Download apps .
- Disable Recommendations (for Mi File Manager) and Show Recommended Content (for Mi Download).
- When entering the folder, you have to click on the individual folder for which you want to disable ads, and disable Promoted Apps,
6.How to disable ads in MIUI themes
The easiest way to get rid of ads in the MIUI Themes app is to go directly to the app itself and disable it. Follow the steps below.
- Open MIUI Themes app and go to Account,
- Search for Settings, then turn off Recommendations.
To be honest, Ads inside Xiaomi smartphones are boring which really spoils the user experience. But once done, you will be ad-free on MIUI 12 and later versions, and you can enjoy your Xiaomi smartphone without being bombarded by ads.
Did you find these tips helpful? Let BangSep know if you have found an easier way to disable ads on MIUI in the comments below, Thanks.