KOMPAS.com – iOS is an operating system made by Apple for its cellphone products, namely the iPhone. As for the iPad tablet product, the operating system is specifically called iPadOS. Despite the different names, the two operating systems are generally referred to as iOS.
In simple terms, iOS functions to translate user commands to carry out the functions of the hardware on the iPhone or iPad. Apple updates the iOS version regularly.
Also read: How to Factory Reset iPhone iOS 14 and iOS 15 Safely
For now, the latest versions of the operating system that Apple has released are iOS 15.4.1 and iPadOS 15.4.1. The update to the operating system version usually brings several device performance improvements, one of which is fixing security holes.
Updates to the operating system version sometimes also bring improvements to the ability to manage power consumption and internal storage, which is more efficient than ever.
Therefore, it is better to always check or check the iOS version that is being used. If the iOS version is found to be outdated or old, it can determine the decision to update it.
As for how to find out which iOS is being used, it can be done in two methods, namely directly through the Settings menu on the iPhone and iPad or through the iTunes application.
If you want to know how to view iOS on iPhone and iPad, see the explanation below.
How to check iOS on iPhone and iPad via Settings menu
- Click the gear icon to access the Settings menu
- Then, click the “General” or “General” option.
- Select the “About” or “About” option
- In the “Software Version” column, you will see the iOS version that the device is running.
- To be able to check the iOS version this way, you must first have the iTunes application on your desktop (computer or laptop).
- If you don’t have it, please first download the iTunes application via this link, then install it on your desktop
- If you already have one, open the iTunes app and start connecting your iPad or iPhone to the desktop
- Wait a few moments until the gadget is successfully detected in iTunes
- Then click the iPad or iPhone icon listed in iTunes
- Finally, in the “Summary” or “Summary” section, the iOS version that is being used will be listed.
Also read: 10 Ways to Use iPhone for Beginners from Purchase to Settings
That’s information about how to easily check the iOS version on iPhone and iPad via the Settings menu and iTunes, good luck.
Get updates selected news and breaking news every day from Kompas.com. Let’s join the Telegram group “Kompas.com News Update”, how to click the link https://t.me/kompascomupdate, then join. You must first install the Telegram application on your cellphone.